Day 172 of 365
Wild game night!
I haven't been a vegetarian for a very long time. It's a good thing because tonight was the first time I've ever eaten many of the disgusting things listed.
On the wild game menu:
1. Kangaroo- had it in Australia and once you've seen it as roadkill it loses its appeal. It wasn't a first so I didn't need to eat that again.
2. Buffalo loin- a real first and it was chewy. I think it could have been prepared better and I'll have to try it again.
3. Quail eggs - total first and it tasted like... wait for it... an egg.
4. Bear sausage- absolutely not great for a first. One word, gross! Did I say gross? Just leave the bear in the woods and let it eat salmon and be free to die of old age.
5. Antelope sausage - greasy, chewy rubberband gristle. This sausage was a way for the guy to clean out his horrible antelope surplus.
6. Frog Alfredo - WHY? I'll confess that I was sure this would be gross. It was so much like chicken that I was okay with this dish.
7. Goose stroganoff - NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! I remember watching a movie where the guy ate something and he tried to wipe his tongue with a napkin to get it off. That was me and the goose. I just can't give you words to describe how much I want to never eat that again. AVOID GOOSE!
8. Rabbit Alfredo - It was just like the frog and a lot like chicken and I enjoyed it. I'm not going rabbit hunting but if you cook it like this no one would ever know.
9. Beaver sausage - So many things to say and all of them are so very very wrong. Not my first and so salty. Do with that what you will.
There was an amazing chocolate walnut brownie that made every horrible memory of that duck fade away.
As firsts go Day 172 was a cornucopia. I had amazing company on this adventure and that made it one of my favorites.
Love and Light